Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Beautiful rain!

It has been dry so long the grass was getting brown and crunchy. We've been gloriously blessed with rain. Things that were shriveling up and about to waste away are green and growing. It is simply beautiful. It is awe-inspiring to watch the growth that rain can produce. A simple thing, rain. It is water produced from condensation in the air and falls to earth.  What it does is magnificent. It helps things to grow.

It amazes me how things all around me remind me of what God does in my life.  Without Him I begin to "get crunchy." Okay, not literally.  But I get cranky. My words become more coarse and less a reflection of the Lord I serve. I begin to dry up and wither without the daily reign of the Lord in my life.  He is the  Living Water and I need Him in my life.

37 On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, asb the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him. 39
b Or / If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me. / And let him drink, who believes in me. / As
The Holy Bible : New International Version. electronic ed. Grand Rapids : Zondervan, 1996, c1984, S. Jn 7:37-39

No comments:

Post a Comment