Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sunshine and Son's shine

Sitting here looking out my window enjoying the sunshine pouring in my window. Sunshine, such a beautiful thing. A shimmering reflection spreading light. Saying something is sunny is a kin to saying something is happy. Seeing the sun in the morning, watching it rise and cut through the fog, does make me smile. The sun aids in processes to help plants grow. It even helps us stay healthy. Lack of sunshine causes things to be dreary. In the fall and winter when there is less sunshine, people tend to get depressed.


I can't help but notice the remarkable similarity to the Son. He is the Light in the darkness, and oh what a Light He is. Darkness must flee from Him. It gives me joy to be in His presence, a joy that goes beyond words. His light cuts through the fog the world throws at me. He guides me along my way. Jesus is the Light of the world. What a privilege to reflect His light and share His news. Do you know Him? Do you spend your days in the Son's shine?

For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. (2 Cor 4:6 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment