Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rainy Tuesday - Where did Monday go?

Wow...it is already Tuesday. It is pouring rain here today. Monday totally slipped right by me. How did that happen? I know...work, work and more work. My life definitely needs to become more balanced. Funny, that is exactly what the Sunday School lesson was that I taught this week. God wants me to have a balanced life. He never intended for me to spend the majority of my life tied to work. He's definitely drawing me in a different direction.

One direction I feel His draw is definitely toward writing. The Lord wants me to write about an episode of our family life where He led us out of a big hole. The hole was 6-figure debt. Yes, it was a deep hole, but not one that was created by tragedy...but rather one created by us playing dangerous games of "I want" and "How can we finance this." Oh so very dangerous games.

Another direction the Lord is leading is back toward livestock, but this time not something typical. I feel a draw to some of His lovely, precious creatures...alpacas.  They are pretty amazing animals. They aren't loud or aggresive. They aren't raised for meat. They are raised for the fiber (hair). It is so soft, warm and strong. But (and this is a big but) the door hasn't been opened for me to move through and acquire my own alpacas. I don't know what the Lord has in store, but I have no doubt it is going to be an incredible adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment